Sunday, October 29, 2023

October 29th's Sunday/Monday Post

Time for this week's Sunday/Monday Post.  As usual, I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It was a fairly quiet week.  It's time for another month end close at work, so I was busy getting ready for that.  I need to write reviews.  As in, I have no reviews written for this week yet.  Yikes!  I know what I'll be doing the rest of the day.

About the only thing out of the ordinary was Tuesday night.  I got a last minute invite to a game night with some friends, which was lots of fun.  I guess this means I really have no excuse for being this far behind on my reviews, do I?

Joke of the Week:

Tablets were replaced by scrolls.  Scrolls were replaced by books.  Now we scroll through books on tablets.

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Book Review: Cheap Thrills by Wendall Thomas
Tuesday - Movie Review: Haunted Mansion (2023)
Wednesday - October Reading Summary
Thursday - Book Review: Tulle Death Do Us Part by Diane Vallere
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

Would you believe I only have three books to tell you about this week?  Okay, so that's up from last week by one, but still, hard to believe I kept the haul down for two weeks, isn't it?

Up first is Tulle Death Do Us Part by Diane Vallere.  Yes, if you are paying attention, you'll see it is one of the books I need to write a review for to post this coming week.  No, I would normally not accept a book this close to review, but I am a fan of Diane's books and was aware it was coming, so I was saving a place for it.  We'd already been talking.  (So authors, don't think I can squeeze you in this fast, too.)

Next comes a preorder.  Murder on Mistletoe Lane is a Christmas entry in Clara McKenna's Stella and Lyndy Mysteries.  This is another one I'm saving for December, but I'm really looking forward to it when the time comes.

Finally, I got an ARC.  Easter Basket Murder is the latest novella anthology featuring stories by Leslie Meier, Lee Hollis, and Barbara Ross.  It comes out at the end of January, and I'll be reading it then.  These anthologies are always a mixed bag for me, but I'm a fan of Barbara Ross's Maine Clambake series, so I keep reading them.

What I'm Currently Reading:

Obviously, I've been reading Diane Vallere's Tulle Death Do Us Part.  I finished that Friday night and enjoyed it.  More on that to come on Thursday.

I've just barely started Calico by Lee Goldberg.  As in, I'm one chapter in.  So far, it's been a little rough.  I've learned way more about the main character's love life than I want to know, and we are one chapter in.  I'm hoping once the plot really kicks in, that will fade into the background.  I do usually enjoy Lee's books, so I'll keep going.

Have a great week!

17 comments:

  1. Enjoy your books and hope the Lee Goldberg gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joke made me grin. And I hope you find Calico more enjoyable - do you generally trudge all the way through a book even if you don't like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Funny joke! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LO< the joke is funny! I hope you enjoy these and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Game night sounds fun. I had to laugh at that joke too. Murder on Mistletoe Lane looks great. I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time you mention game night it makes me want to host one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Game night sounds fun. We used to hold them at our church from time to time. Great book haul. Hope you enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/10/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Murder on Mistletoe Lane is a good title, I hope the book is good as well. I hope you have a nice week and that end of month isn't too rough at work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Murder on Mistletoe Lane is a good title, I hope the book is good as well. I hope you have a nice week and that end of month isn't too rough at work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three new books a week is about right for me. It doesn't hurt to have one or two extras---I don't end up reading every book I receive.

    I love game nights. We played Battle with the g-kids and then all of us played cornhole last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe it's the end of another month! I will be checking out your review of Haunted Mansion - I think we will watch that this week. Murder on Mistletoe Lane sounds good ! I might have to see if i have space for it on my Christmas TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did enjoy Calico. I was more concerned with the time travel as a potential roadblock before I started the book. I need to catch up on Clara McKenna's series. I've enjoyed the ones I've read. I have books 2 - 4 as audiobooks. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Calico gets better for you!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the most hilarious titles! Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having a fun game night is a good reason to put off reviews. I'm loving your new titles. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.