Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Welcome again to this week's Weekly TV Thoughts.  As you can tell from the list, some of my USA Network shows have started up again; I've got a few more shows on the list again.  Covert Affairs starts up again in two weeks, but for now, this is what I have.

As always, you can play along.  Leave me a comment with a link to your blog or just leave your thoughts on these or any shows in the comments.

Enlisted - I saw the big plot points coming, but I still got a kick out of how they got there.  But the highlight?  Obviously the life size Donkey Kong.  I'm really going to miss this show when they've run the final episodes.

24: Live Another Day - Wow, the suspense just does not stop on this show.  So many great plot lines and all of them keeping me on the edge of my seat.  The drones and the car chase was the highlight, however.  How do they think this stuff up?

American Ninja Warrior - I feel a little sorry for Michelle since she missed out on being first by just a few days.  Of course, I don't want to take anything away from Kasey, who deserves her status as first to complete the course.  And I wonder how much mental boost Michelle got from that.  There were several other great contestants including the cousins.  I feel like this is the strongest season to date all around.

Royal Pains - Is it just me, or does this young woman look way too old to be Hank's daughter.  At least that's what they are making it look like she is.  I'm really not impressed with this story line - at least not yet.  I hope they can win me over as the season goes along.  However, I am intrigued, as always, by what is happening with Boris.  What exactly are he and Hank hiding?

Melissa & Joey - I wasn't aware we were in a three parter.  Really not sure I like how they've handled Joe's unknown daughter's story line.  (I'm sensing a theme in my shows).  However, that first scene as everyone was working things out was very funny.

Baby Daddy - I love lasagna.  Or at least I used to love it.  That recipe sure sounds awful.  And the switching phone conversations was pretty funny as well.  Definitely glad I gave in and started watching this show.  (Thanks, Vicki.)

Suits - I was going to say poor Rachel even before we got to the end.  It's interesting watching Mike on the outside.  If I didn't know any better, I'd think he was the client of the half season who will come and go.  I don't know how they will work out this story line and resolve his not having an actual law degree, but I like it so far.  Oh, and psych?  That's how you do a proper Princess Bride reference.  It's not that hard.  So why couldn't you do it in 8 seasons, especially with one of the stars as a repeated guest star?

Graceland - I guess I'm in for another season.  The show is just interesting enough to pull me in when I'm watching it.  I'm curious to see where they are going with this new story line and having Mike in charge of all of them might mean I get to follow who the other characters are better.  We'll see how it progresses, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.