Friday, March 25, 2016

Ornament Review: Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman - 2015 Hallmark Ornament


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: It’s Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman!  With the theme song!
Cons: Only if you don’t like the 70’s show
The Bottom Line:
Fighting for your rights
Hanging on your Christmas tree
For pop culture fun




Hallmark Gives Fans of TV’s Wonder Woman a Wonderful Ornament

Hidden back there in my archives, I have reviews of the old Wonder Woman TV show.  Oh, the show may be cheesy and corny and a product of the 70’s, but I absolutely love it.  That’s why I knew I would be buying Hallmark’s 2015 Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman ornament.  Anyone else who loves this version of the character will want to snap it up as well.

The ornament features Wonder Woman as portrayed for those three seasons by Lynda Carter.  She’s got her red white and blue costume on and is wearing her red boots.  Her arms are up in the air, to block some bullets with her bracelets, and the lasso of truth is hanging at her side.

This really is an iconic look for the character, and any fan of the show will not exactly who it is based on right away.  Yeah, maybe a detail or two of the face could be a little better and there are noticeable seams where her arms attach to the rest of the ornament, but those are minor issues.  The instant I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

Of course, that “need” was fueled by the magic quality of the ornament.  No, it doesn’t have super powers, but it has a sound clip from the theme song of the show.  Just put the two button batteries in the base and press the button on the side to hear about 30 seconds of the iconic TV theme.  Yes, this is another reason why fans of the show will love having this ornament.  I know it was a selling point for me.

Wonder Woman is standing on a grey base with the gold double W logo on it and gold stars across the top.  This is needed to house the magic portion of the ornament, but it adds to the appeal of the ornament, at least to me.  It also gives the ornament a nice, flat base, so you can set it out year round if you so desire.  After all, superheroes don’t necessarily tie in to the holiday.

However, if you want to hang it on your tree, you’ll find the loop in Wonder Woman’s hair.  Slip a hook through it, and you’ll find that she hangs straight.

This ornament proved to be popular last year, so if you missed it, you might have some trouble tracking it down.  But if you are a fan of Wonder Woman and especially the TV show, you’ll be very glad you did.

Original Price: $17.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.