Friday, May 25, 2018

May 25th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Time one again for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Bear Witness to Murder by Meg Macy.

                                                    


This is the second book in the Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery series.  It comes out on Tuesday, but I've already read and enjoyed the ARC, so I'll be reviewing it on release day.
Here's how the book begins:

"She's so furry!  I love her."  The little girl hugged the brown bear dressed in a striped orange sweater.  "Can I keep her, Mom?  Please?"

The DisNerd in me couldn't resist this bit from page 56:

"I thought you preferred Sesame Street and the Disney Channel."
"If I hear that song 'Let It Go' one more time..." Mary Kate sighed.

Okay, not the most suspenseful tease, but I just couldn't resist.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just love a phrase!! I have seen this alot and I love cozies, added to my TBR!!

    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/friday-56book-beginnings-book-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great cozy. This week I am reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child which has been on TBR mountain for quite a while. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this (and pretty much every other cozy series that I haven't gotten to yet - it's a problem) on my TBR. It looks so cute and I do love those teasers - especially the 56!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.