Saturday, May 19, 2018

May 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

A big series finale this week.  Spoiler alert - it's down at the bottom.

Once Upon a Time (5/11) – Well, everyone is in a jam for sure.  Can’t believe Henry was so stupid as to get the pen.  And Gold blew it with the squid ink.  I wasn’t surprised that the big returns were all in the wish realm.  I just can’t figure out how they will give anyone their happy ending on Friday.

Deception – So the team helped both brothers this week.  I enjoyed him taking down the warden in prison.  The secret society storyline was a bit much, but it appears we’ve gotten another clue to the conspiracy.  With the show canceled, I wonder if we will get any resolution to anything.  I’m trying to think how they would have played both brothers out of prison, so I’m rather doubting it, actually.

Supergirl – Why do I feel that Reign isn’t subdued?  I’m really worried about what will happen when she does get out again.  Heck, I will be surprised if we ever truly get Sam back.  Lena talking to Kara like that at the end hurt as well.  She’s right to be hurt, and I hope they work this out and Lena isn’t our villain next year.  I was really like having a Luthor who was an ally for something different.  I get it if it doesn’t last.  So, is Mon-El going to stay after the threat is really over?  My guess is yes, although that will make me think less of him, even though he has his wife’s permission to stick around indefinitely.

Dancing with the Stars – It’s Adam’s to lose at this point.  No disrespect to the other two who are still in it, but he’s by far the best.  His only competition was the skater he was dancing against during the battle.  Although I have to ask why, in a shortened season like this, two of the skaters got to do Contemporary dances.  They were beautiful, don’t get me wrong, but they are so different from anything else that it gave them a huge advantage.

American Ninja Warrior: Ninja Vs. Ninja – Two new obstacles, and I mean completely new.  I don’t remember ever seeing them before.  Made for some interesting battles along the way.  And so many close races this time around, too.  At this point, it’s hard to know who to root for.  I really want all of them to win.

The Flash – Cecil taking on other personalities was lots of fun.  I wonder if they will be using that to defeat the Thinker next week.  I can’t imagine how, but I don’t feel like they’d add that in this week just for laughs.  I’m worried about Wells.  Maybe fixing the Awakening will fix him as well?  And what did Caitlyn see in her past?  Is Killer Frost not a meta power after all?  Will she be going full evil next season?  (I hope not.)

Survivor – Considering last week, I’m not too surprised at who left, although it really could have been Donathan.  Honestly, how is he still there?  I had him pegged as an early casualty from the beginning, so I’m surprised he’s stuck around this long.  I’m betting on who the final three will be, but we shall see what happens next week.

Designated Survivor – I was kind of expecting some cliffhangers.  Yes, I am curious where the show would have gone from here, but I don’t think I’m curious enough to be upset the show was canceled.  They wrapped up most of the major storylines that had been going on well except for the charges against the President.  Those seemed to be forgotten, but they probably intended to pick them up again next season.  Oh well.

Arrow – As frustrated as I’ve been with this season, this episode was good.  I knew where the show was going as Oliver was making his amends with everyone.  But I can’t believe he didn’t talk to Felicity at all.  Seriously?  She has a right to be angry with him.  The scene between Evil Laurel and Sara was so well played, and Lance’s goodbye scene with Oliver was heartbreaking.  It will be very interesting to see how they get Oliver out of this next season.

American Ninja Warrior All Star Special – This is always such a fun special to watch.  I mean, how fast the Papal Ninja went up the salmon ladder.  And the distance they were flying at the wingnuts.  Not surprised we got to see Kacy again.  I said in the fall she’d pop up every so often.  I’m sure it will happen again.  And congrats to Team Christine for winning two years in a row!

Once Upon a Time (5/18) – Yes, I did watch this Friday night instead of a couple of days later like I have been all season.  I’m torn about the ending.  Emotionally, it was great.  Regina becoming the Good Queen and getting the love and respect of the others is fantastic.  I truly do love that.  And Rumpelstiltskin’s sacrifice was moving on so many levels.  And yet, I’m still trying to figure out timing and timelines and how we got two Henrys and two Hooks but only one of everyone else.  To me, this perfectly encapsulates the season.  Characters I loved to root for in a story that doesn’t quite hold together if you stop and think about it.  Unlike the first six seasons that held together so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Ninja vs Ninja - I have the same problem - who to root for - I basically like all the teams, lol! Dagny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.