Friday, April 12, 2024

April 12th's Friday Post

Welcome to this week's Friday Post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from A Murder Most French by Colleen Cambridge.


This is the second book in the American in Paris Mysteries.  I finished it earlier this week, and I enjoyed it.  The book is set in January 1950.  And here's how it begins:

I was just about to crack the second of two eggs into a bowl when I hesitated.
Now, what had Julia told me about scrambling eggs?

Yes, in case you are wondering, that is Julia Child.  She is the main character's neighbor and friend.

Meanwhile, on page 56, we find this:

I skipped out of joining Julia at the market the next morning, using the excuse that I had to go up to the 36 to give my fingerprints.

Why does the main character need to give her fingerprints?  I'll leave that for you to discover.

The book officially comes out on April 23rd, but I'll have my review up next Wednesday.

Let's jump over to the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

If you could live in any book, which one would you pick and why?

I'm going to go for my go to answers for this one.  Yes, more than one.

When I found Narnia in the 3rd grade, I fell completely in love.  As in checking the back of wardrobes.  Okay, so I knew it would never actually work, but I wished it would.  Getting to go and live in that magical realm sounds like so much fun.

As a teen, I wanted to slip into Sleepyside on the Hudson, New York, the fictional home of Trixie Belden and her family and friends.  I longed for her adventures and her calmer days of swimming in the lake (not much of a horse rider, but I'd give it a try with the rest of the characters, too).  Even more, I wanted to be part of the tight knit circle of friends she was part of.

Even as an adult, I think it's still a toss up between the two for me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy books set in the 1950s. Not so long ago, but actually quite different than today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that book.

    I was torn between Hogsmeade in Harry Potter and Velaris in ACOTAR 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/04/12/first-line-friday-romancing-mr-bridgerton-by-julia-quinn/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you imagine Julia Child as your neighbor? This sounds like a fun series. I am glad you enjoyed A Murder Most French.

    I never did read the Trixie Belden series, but I feel like I know enough about it to imagine it would be a great series to live inside. Narnia is a great choice as well. I loved those books when I read them as a child.

    I hope you have a great weekend, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book I featured today releases on April 23rd too. That sounds like a good one. I keep thinking I want to read more historical mysteries, but then other books start calling my name. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I'm just starting Loyally, Luke by Pepper Basham. I already love it.
    "Luke was a big fan of solid good sense and few emotional tangles. In fact, he didn't like any sort of tangles."
    Have a good weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have multiple answers for this week's blogger hop, I had a hard time landing on one! lol & A Murder Most French sounds like a fun book

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series is on my TBR. It looks so fun! I was fascinated by Narnia as well as a kid and always wished to find a secret world hidden somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.