Sunday, July 19, 2026

July 19th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to this week's Sunday/Monday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

The biggest news of excitement around here was that I spend Friday with my brother and his family at an amusement park.  Had lots of fun on the rides, but unfortunately, I lost my dark glasses on the last ride.  They aren't prescription glasses and I hadn't spent much money on them.  But the style I like to wear is hard to find these days, so that will be the hardest part of replacing them.

But other than that, it was a successful day.  We hit all the rides we wanted to and had plenty of fun along the way.

I also played ultimate Frisbee this morning for the first time in a long time.  Like at least a year.  I had lots of fun.  And I only had two missed connections all day, which is great for me.  I'd argue one wasn't my fault, and my brother and I are sharing blame on the second one.

Joke of the Week:


My grandmother reached 100 yesterday!  That's the last time I get in the car with her when she's late for bingo.

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:


Sunday - Sunday/Monday Post
Monday - Book Review: All Aboard for Murder by Ellen Byron
Tuesday - TV Show Review: Wings - Season 1
Wednesday - Book Review: Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass by Heather Day Gilbert
Thursday - Ornament Review: The Perfect Gift
Friday - Book Review: The Glass Thief by Gigi Pandian
Saturday - TV Show Review: R.J. Decker - Season 1

Book Haul:

Would you believe I only have two books to talk about this week?  I don't either.

The first is Murder at Crossways by Alyssa Maxwell.  This is book seven in the Gilded Newport Mysteries, which just happens to be the next in the series I need to read.  I'm not sure when I will get to it, but I'm hoping it will be soon.

The other book is the next in Tony Hillerman's Leaphorn and Chee series, Talking God.  I was a little surprised to see I am up to book nine when I looked it up just now.  Anyone I got this one from the library.  I know I'll be listening to it soon.




What I'm Currently Reading:

As I type this, I'm working on A Taste for Murder by Matt Baker.  I'd debated long and hard before I requested an ARC of this book, and I'm kind of regretting that I did.  It's a long book, and the writing style is using one of my pet peeves.  I'm only about a quarter into it, so hopefully, I'll find myself fully invested in it before I reach the end.  I do find it compelling when I sit down to read it, so there is that.  We'll see what I think of it when I am done.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Nice that you spent time with family at the amusement park! Sadly, we are stuck indoor during a nasty period of bad air from smoke coming from Canada and the Northwest. I'm hoping it will slowly dissipate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fun day with your family, even if losing your sunglasses was disappointing! I hope you find another pair you love, and enjoy your upcoming reads. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time I went to an amusement park, but it was probably Astroworld when I was a teen! We did have a great time. One of these days maybe I'll go to another. It sounds like you had a fantastic time (except for the loss of the sunglasses.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fun activity filled week there. I do love ultimate frisbee especially if you play on a good interactive team. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are enjoying your summer, I hope you find some replacement sunglasses.
    One hundred and still driving is an impressive feat.
    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.