Thursday, August 29, 2013

August 30th Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it through the week.  Time to celebrate with Book Beginnings and Friday 56!

This week, I'm reading A Spoonful of Murder by Connie Archer.  And here's the first sentence:

"I know you worry about me, Mom, but you don't have to."

Yes, that is the main character, not the murder victim saying that.

And, from page 56 we get:

Janie reached out and put her hand protectively over Meg's.  Meg was trying hard to regain control.

The book itself?  It's a bit slow overall, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.  I'm about 100 pages in, so we'll see what happens.

6 comments:

  1. I hope the book picks up for you. The first line sounds like a typical thing that teenagers say to their parents.

    My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However, the opening is misleading. When you find out what is really going on, it packs a punch.

      Delete
  2. Hope the story get better - I have an 80 page rule !
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those that is hard to explain. It's not a bad book, but it feels like the author had an idea for two books and combined them into this one. It's just not quite working - at least not yet. It could still get better.

      Delete
  3. Mom's will always worry about their kids, even when grown and on their own.
    Looks like a great cozy!
    Happy weekend!

    I added you to the Linky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - Moms never stop worrying at all.

      Thanks for adding me.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.