Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cookie Review: Dulce de Leche - Chips Ahoy! Ice Cream Creations



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Sweet cookies
Cons: Missing the Dulce de Leche taste.
The Bottom Line:
There's a bland, sweet taste
So the taste is not that bad
But missing caramel



Disappointing Lack of Real Flavor make the Dulce de Leche Cookies Average

When I found Chips Ahoy! new Ice Cream Creation cookies, I had to give them a try, so I immediately bought all three of the flavors I was interested in.  While I quite like two of them, I have been very disappointed with the Dulce de Leche Cookies cookies.

Now keep in mind that I love caramel.  I can't get enough, and I actually think I prefer a caramel sundae to a chocolate sundae (although it is a close contest).  So I opened the package of these cookies fully expecting to enjoy them.

I will admit I was a little put off at first when I realized these weren't chewy cookies but crunchy cookies.  But that was only a momentary issue as I bit down and let the cookie slide into my mouth.

However, I quickly discovered that these have the barest hint of caramel, and that is all.  I can see plenty of caramel chips in the cookies, but they must not have had a strong flavor because they are rather bland.  There are white chips in the cookies, and I still can't tell if they are supposed to be vanilla chips (my first guess) or white chocolate.  And the cookies themselves?  They are pretty much your basic cookie flavor.  They'd be perfect for highlighting the caramel taste - if it were there.  But it isn't there.

Now these cookies aren't a complete loss.  They do taste sweet and certainly don't taste bad.  However, compared to other cookies I buy, the flavor is just okay.

And since they are cookies, they aren't healthy.  Two cookies contain 160 calories, half of them from fat and provide no nutrients at all.  And the ingredients, with lots of flour, oil, and sugar, back that up.

Would I be opposed to eating these again?  No.  But there are so many better cookies out there that there's really no reason to settle for the bland Dulce de Leche Cookies taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.