Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday, and you know what that means.  Time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

My book this week is Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger.


This is the second in her young adult fantasy series, and so far I'm really enjoying it.

It starts with:

It sucks to be king.

And jumping ahead to page 56, we get:

"You do look exhausted, Vane.  When was the last time you slept?"
"I don't remember," I admit, lying back down and rolling away.
She's quiet for so long I start to drift off - or I must have because when she finally speaks it makes me jump.
"Is it nightmares or fantasies?"

I'm only about 70 pages in, so I've got a ways to go, but I should have my review up at some point next week.

16 comments:

  1. This book is soooooo good! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, the F56 really makes me want to read this book! I should probably start at the beginning of the series though! Also, that's an amazing cover! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only book two, so starting at the beginning isn't that big a deal at all. I recommend you do start at the beginning and you read the books.

      Delete
  3. Love the title, cover art. Sounds good to me!

    Here is my Book Beginning post!

    AND

    Here is my Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting start. It sounds like it will be an interesting book to read. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering why Vane hasn't slept in so long. That's an intriguing excerpt. Love the cover too.
    My Friday excerpts are from a short story this week: INTERCEPTION.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Let the Sky Fall but I have heard about it. I do like the opening of this book, so maybe I'll check the first book in the series out. You can find my Friday post here where I highlight a young adult book as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely check out the first book in the series. It was really good.

      Delete
  7. I need to pick up this series at some point. Interesting choice for your 56.
    Check out my Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How on earth could it suck to be king is what I wanna know... lol
    Nightmares or fantasies??? I'm thoroughly intrigued.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, considering it is the first line of the book, a king wouldn't be happy to start with, right?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.