Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday!  And even more importantly, I'm leaving to head to Yosemite for a few days with my family.  (So I won't be able to reply to comments like I usually do.)

Anyway, it's time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, the book I'll be quoting from is Mr. Monk Is Open For Business by Hy Conrad.


This book is based on the TV show Monk, and is as much fun as the series.  Here's how it begins:

"So, you're not telling me anything about the murder?"
"I didn't say there was a murder, Monk."

And moving ahead to page 56:

"He probably did want you dead.  Why did he want you dead?"

If it tells you anything about what I thought of it, I read it all yesterday.  My review will be posted on Tuesday (love scheduling posts ahead of time), so come back then to read more about it.  In fact, I have a new post scheduled for every day I'm gone, so come back and see what I'm considering.

9 comments:

  1. I loved the show Monk, I used to watch it as a kid sometimes and loved all of his little ticks. The F56 sooo sounds like him! I'm definitely thinking about checking this one out, will also come back for your review of it! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My BB
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a book based on a tv show before. Monk was really popular and I never watched it, but I might just give it a shot. Have a happy trip!
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the show Monk! I had to binge watch the last 2 seasons because Netflix decided to remove it! I've seen this series but have hesitated to pick any up because I didn't want to mess up my love of the show. It sounds like it lives up to it though and the 5 sounds just like him! I'll definitely be back on Tuesday for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beginning and wonderful 56!!

    Here is my Friday 56 post!!

    AND

    Here is my Book Beginning post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The opening dialogue drew me in, and the 56 made me curious about what's going on. I never watched the TV show, but this sounds like a book I'd enjoy. Definitely an interesting and unusual main character.
    My Friday post is here: WALLS FOR THE WIND.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good question, why did he want him dead?!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one. Haven't seen the t.v. show. I like the dialogue. Made me laugh. "I didn't say there was a murder, Monk."

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, I like the name, Monk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all enjoyed the comments so much. (And yes, I have a fabulous trip.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.