Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's Friday, and I can't wait for this week to be over.  (I seem to say that most weeks, don't I?)  Anyway, here's this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I'm back to cozies this week with A Tine to Live, A Tine to Die by Edith Maxwell.



This is the first book in a series, and I actually read the second one last spring because the author offered me an ARC.  It's actually interesting seeing how some of the relationships from that book develop in this one.  Yet some parts of it are still fuzzy enough and I can't quite remember how that second book ends.  I may have to read the last couple of chapters of book two to remember where story arcs are before book 3 comes out.

But that's beside the point of today's post.  Let's start where the book starts:

Cam hung the pitchfork on the back wall of her antique barn with a tired hand.

And from page 56:

A twig snapped behind her.  Her heart sped up to warp speed.  She whirled.

My goal is to finish the book today.  I'm far enough along that it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

9 comments:

  1. A colorful and fun looking cover. Can't go wrong with a cozy. :-) Happy reading, Mark.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I have always found pitchforks a bit terrifying! And then twigs snapping! This sounds quite suspenseful, but I'd have to read a bit more to know whether it's one for me! I tend to start in the middle of series without realizing and then read my way backwards! Glad to know I'm not the only one ;)
    Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had this one on my TBL (To buy list) forever. Maybe it's time I do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover on this one but haven't heard of this series. I'm curious about this one. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the 2nd enough to go back to read the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors on the cover!

    Check out my 56.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look twice at the title to realize it said "tiNe" instead of "tiMe." That ties right in with the opening. The 56 excerpt definitely made me want to know what happens next.
    My Friday post features ROSE’S GIFT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Sandra. It took a moment to catch that in the title. I'm always looking for the play on words in cozy mystery titles. And for whimsical, colorful covers. This sounds fun indeed.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/06/the-friday-56-51-the-promise/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 56 shows the scary side! I like that!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of an antique barn. :)

    Love the cover too.

    ENJOY, and have a great weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.