Monday, February 23, 2015

What's On My Nightstand - February 2015

We're at the last Tuesday in the month, so that means it is time for What's on Your Nightstand.

Currently, I'm about 100 pages from the end of The Edge of Dreams by Rhys Bowen.  I'm reading an ARC of the book, which officially comes out next Tuesday.  This is the latest in her Molly Murphy mystery series and involves a stranger case of serial murders, a girl with nightmares, and Freud's interpretation of dreams all wrapped up in 1905 New York City.  It's a great book as always.  This is the fourteenth (or so) in a long running and favorite series, and I'm quite enjoying it.

Or maybe I should just call this favorite series Nightstand because up next is the latest in another series.  Double Fudge Brownie Murder by Joanne Fluke hits bookselves today, and I hope to buy a copy so I have it on hand when I finish the book I'm currently reading.  I've got to find out how the cliffhanger from the last book gets resolved.

Up after that is Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library.  I've had this middle grade book from Chris Grabenstein (another favorite author) since it came out, and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read it.  Yet.  But the time has come to definitely fix that.

Beyond that?  I don't have the rest of my March reading planned out.  I'll probably grab a couple of the books that were published in January and February that are the latest in favorite series and read them.  I will have some ARCs to be reading late in the month, but I've got a couple of fun weeks before I get to them.  On the other hand, I've got busy weekends, so I probably won't be able to read quite as much as I have been.

We will just have to see how my reading all shakes out this month.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the Molly Murphy books, but it sounds like a great setting! I know you'll love Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library.

    I posted for the first time in a long time:
    My Nightstand Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly's author, Rhys Bowen, is consistently one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Whenever I hear about which books you are reading, it makes me want to go and eat something. :P

    I hope you enjoy your weekends of activities (hopefully fun ones) and, in the meantime, I think I'll go make that pan of brownies I've been thinking about anyway.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about some of the books I read. I must say, giving up sweets while reading Double Fudge Brownie Murder has not been easy.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.