Friday, February 20, 2015

February 20th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to Friday!  What am I going to do next?  I'm doing to Disneyland!!!  (Somehow, I have to get through the work day first.)

To celebrate, I'm going this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.  (Okay, fine, I'd do that anyway, but that's beside the point.)

This week's selection is Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams.




And here's how it begins:

There were books everywhere.  Hundreds of books.  Thousands of books.  There were books of every size, shape, and color.

Does that beginning appeal to book lovers or what?

And here's the first sentence from page 56:

If the Hastings look-alike's angry expression had Jane concerned, it was nothing compared to the unease she felt when she saw a man step from the shadows in the corner of the room to follow Felix into the hall.

Now to work on some posts to go up while I'm away and get to bed.  Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, that sentence got to me. Makes me want to jump in and start checking them out for myself. :-) Hey Felix, turn around!
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! How long will you be gone, Mark? http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one!! It's sitting somewhere on my shelf right now. Thanks for reminding me because I'm doing a TBR challenge next month and I definitely want this book on my To Read list! Love the beginning! Have fun in Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun cozy! Yes, I love the description of the room full of books. Wish I could be there, and that makes me eager to read this story.
    My Friday post features CHRISTMAS CRACKER.
    PS: Have fun with Mickey and Minnie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great and I have this book to review on audio! Can't wait.

    Stormi
    Friday memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...I LOVE the beginning.

    Books, books, books....can't argue with that.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  7. That start does appeal. Sometimes I could describe my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be in Heaven surrounded by all of those books. When I was young I wanted to live in the library. LOL
    Something fishy is happening. Good or bad?
    Thanks for sharing another fun cozy:)
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/20/the-friday-56-53-the-unseen/

    ReplyDelete
  9. If she saw the man, I wonder why he didn't see her, but it caught my interest.

    The Picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.