Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 7th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I watch way too many shows on Wednesday night.  And when you are out playing ultimate Frisbee on Wednesday night, that means your TV gets stretch over the next couple of nights.  Not that I would trade those priorities for the world.

Castle – A bit more serious than I was expecting, but a pretty good mystery incorporating about part of the PI business.  I’m enjoyed these episodes with Castle as a PI, and I wouldn’t mind if they continued for a little while.  You can read my full recap here.

The Flash – Any time Barry has a scene with his father, the show hits a home run.  And I like how he still loves his real father so much while still having such a close relationship with Joe.  Not knowing the comics, I don’t know what they are setting up with some of the other stories at the moment, but it will be fun to watch them unfold.

Agent Carter – I liked Peggy getting out and making the men take notice.  Yes, I do like strong female characters (as if you couldn’t tell by the books I read).  But now that her secret from the first couple of episodes has been revealed, how is she going to get out of that mess?

Arrow – A third amazing episode in a row.  This show has really been firing on all cylinders since it came back this year.  The scenes with Malcom were good, and I’m very interested to see how they will play out that story.  However that final scene between Oliver and Felicity?  Amazing!

Melissa & Joey – I have a feeling they were trying to go with a real time theme, but it didn’t really work for me.  On the other hand, the references to 24 were very funny.  But they were pretty much the only thing that clued me in to what they were going for.

Baby Daddy – So seriously, does it make me a bad person that I am actively rooting for Danny at this point?  I know I haven’t been watching the show for that long, but at least right now the writers are definitely making it seem like they were meant to be together.

Fresh Off the Boat – I really wasn’t planning to watch this, but then I heard some rave reviews so I thought I’d give it a shot.  It was okay.  I liked the second episode more than the pilot (which is often the case), so I’ll probably give the two episodes on Tuesday a try, but it wasn’t as funny as I had hoped it would be.

Suits – I hope that last scene was really Louis coming around.  I am so ready for him to be on the same page with everyone else and stop being just a jerk all the time.  Oh, and I also very over the Mike and his secret thing.  I know, I know, that’s the premise of the show.  Yet they at least need to drop it for a few episodes and figure out a way to make it all go away.

Big Bang Theory – Pretty funny episode.  The guy’s portion hit a little too close to home with some stuff I’ve been going through this week, but the stuff with the ladies was priceless, especially how they were reacting to Amy’s fan fiction.

Girl Meets World – It’s interesting, I’m watching the first season of Boy Meets World right now (for the first time) and watching how Farkle is being treated vs. how his father was treated is very different.  I like this much better.  Farkle is weird, but he’s also a true friend (something Minkus never was) and the other characters do recognize that.  Oh, and Mya trying to do announcements?  Killed me laughing both times.  I could watching a half hour of that and laugh the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.