Saturday, August 20, 2016

August 20th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I've been watching the Olympics.  Lots and lots of Olympics.  And that's just to watch the prime time stuff.  I wish they'd show more of the other events, especially diving.  I have managed to track down all the diving this week, but even so, they only show a very small fraction of it.  I will be glad when it is over so I have a little less to watch.

But here's what I watched that wasn't Olympics related.

Rush Hour – Interesting twist giving the villain a connection to Carter.  Really well done twists to the story, too.  Definitely felt like one of the better episodes overall.

Dead of Summer – I was one for two.  I noticed that Amy hid her hand, so I knew she was a demon.  But I thought putting the bones in the lake would actually be a bad things.  Looks like it was a very, very good thing after all.  I’m kind of wondering how they will fill two more episodes, however, because it looks like we are ready for the final battle right now.

Scream – I was worried they wouldn’t fit everything into the final hour in this one.  What a ride.  Nice call backs to the second Scream movie with the theater scene and the police car scene.  But seriously?  That’s the killer?  I’m so bummed!  Of course, this season does answer the questions left over from the previous season and the killer makes sense logically, so I’m happy with both now.  And that ending?  I’d love to see a third season to find out what that is all about.

Suits – No wonder Kevin doesn’t want to talk about anything.  Ouch!  He’s in a true no win situation.  Meanwhile, this subplot with Rachel has taken a much more serious turn with her having a deadline.  And Louis’s confession turned out to be much better received than I thought it would be, but how he can be so focused on that with the firm in such bad shape is beyond me.

Girl Meets World – Best line of the night goes to Cory.  “I’ve been meeting the world most of my life.”  Love it!  The episode didn’t quite go the way I thought it would, but I liked it.  It is very important to remember that the capacity for good and evil lives in both of us.  It is way too easy to sit back and judge what others do and not watch out for evil to hit you.  Of course, as a Christian, I do believe that the only good truly comes from God, but that’s a discussion for something outside a sitcom or a short paragraph written about one.

7 comments:

  1. I really like Rush Hour. I kind of figured that they'd use the characters as the gimmick and while it is the mysteries are pretty good. I'll be sad to see it go. I didn't get much TV watched this week but I'm starting to get excited for all the season premieres!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight's series finale was preempted for football here! I hope I can catch it on demand or online.

      Delete
  2. Ditto me on the Olympics, Mark. Lots and lots. The distance ones are my favorites. Distance running (and steeplechase), Cycling road races, triathlons, equestrian cross-country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a little bored with the distance events, I must admit. Since I've recorded it all, it is so easy to fast forward through it.

      Delete
    2. I confess I did a bit of fast forwarding too, generally if I wasn't familiar with any of the front runners they were following.

      Delete
  3. I watch so little television that I tend to just skip over these posts. I had NO IDEA they made a sequel to "Boy Meets World". Also, I thought to myself as I looked this up "How ridiculous to pretend that Cory and Topanga are old enough to have a tween daughter!" Then I realised that they actually were! MAN, I'm old! Is Mr Feeny in this? (Hopefully the actor is still alive)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cory and Topanga are the only characters from the original who are regularly in the show, although just about everyone has shown up at some point. Mr. Feeny was on just a couple of weeks ago, in fact.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.