Friday, August 5, 2016

August 5th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

I'm back!  I had a great vacation, and I even got more reading time in than I thought I would.  Not complaining about that at all.  In fact, this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56 is from one of those reads.  Or I should say rereads.

This week's book is Race for the Park Street Treasure by Sigmund Brouwer.


                                                     

This is part of his Accidental Detectives series, which is a middle grade mystery.  I've read it three or four times and loved it every time.  Full review is coming on Sunday as part of Marvelous Middle Grade Monday.

But for today, shall we get to a couple of teasers?  Here's now the book begins:
Nobody hangs around Mike Andrews when Mike's itching to displace good energy into a bad idea. At least no one smart.
Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking.

Since page 56 was actually a blank page between chapters, I'm picking a line from page 58.

"Hey, that's not fair, I protested.  "You were listening."
"Cry to your mama, kid," Squinty Eyes crowed as they stood.  "All's fair in love and war and treasure hunts."

And there you have it for the week.  Hope you have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. This seems like a good one, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun light read. Enjoy.

    Here's my Friday read - The Girls by Emma Cline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back memories of our neighborhood. There was one boy we hung with even though we knew it wasn't always a good idea. LOL

    MY Friday 56 from Save The Last Dance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not familiar with this series. It sounds good though. This week my book is The School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin - a historical fantasy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a middle grade book in ages! Thanks for reminding me of those gems out there. Hope you enjoy reading it! Here's my Friday Meets: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2016/08/friday-meets-05-august-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling the need to pick up a few middle grades. It's been too long since I've read one and I always enjoy them. This sounds like a fun read! Looking forward to your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like such a cute read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't read many middle grade books these days but this sounds like a good series for that age group - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like it could be a fun series!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.