Saturday, August 6, 2016

August 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I watched a lot of TV this week.  A lot, as you are about to see for yourself.  Most of it was this weekend, but still, yikes!

The next couple of weeks will be busy with TV as well.  I won't be commenting on it, but I am looking forward to the Olympics.  But it looks like American Ninja Warrior will be the only show not on the air during that time, so somehow I will have to work the rest of my shows in during the Olympics.  Fortunately, I don't have that many shows on right now.  I'm thinking watch them the next night before the Olympics coverage begins, but we'll see how that works out for me.

Rush Hour (7/23) – I’m so glad they are burning off the episodes of this show.  Really good episode.  The comedy was only grin worthy as usual, but the final fight scene was fun and creative, and that last scene with Baker was so touching.

American Ninja Warrior (7/25) – Once again, I only got part of the program because of the convention.  Granted, I got ¾ of it, but still, what’s with this news stuff.  Don’t people know my shows are more important than actual news that affects our lives?  (Yes, that is sarcasm.)  I made it far enough to see Meghan qualify (I would have been furious if I didn’t) and Brian and Ian both make it.  Pretty impressed by everyone I saw.

Angie Tribecca (7/25) – So Angie’s in on the conspiracy now.  Very interesting.  I can’t wait to see how this all plays out.  I certainly wasn’t expecting a conspiracy theory on this show.

Dead of Summer (7/26) – Okay, I’m definitely more intrigued.  What is the Tall Man’s deal?  Why Amy?  Why is he communicating with the people he is and making them crazy in the process?  And why kill someone else if he wants Amy dead?  Why couldn’t someone else do it?  Still not sure I would be back for a second season, but I’m very intrigued by this one.

Scream (7/26) – So it appears the killer is a guy this time.  At least that’s what they want us to think.  But who could it be?  I can certainly see Emma’s reaction to things.  Not that she’s right, but I understand it completely.  And is Noah doomed?  He of all people should have known better than to do that!

Suits (7/27) – I knew they were going to get Mike out early, so I was wondering how they were going to go about it.  But I don’t want him to turn on his roommate!  And what will they do with him when he gets out?  Loved Rachel’s actions in her class.  Louis is always fun when frustrated, so I enjoyed that as well.

Rush Hour (7/30) – I was sure that the missing girl was dead, so I was very pleasantly surprised by the ending.  Okay, they’d hinted at it early on, but still.  And the captain got a little something to do this week, although that wig on her was awful.  No offense to the actress, but she really doesn’t seem to fit into the show.

American Ninja Warrior (8/1) – I’m torn.  It’s always hard when the people you’ve rooted for and watched season after season don’t make it.  Yet I like to see the new faces make it as well.  It would be boring for everyone if the same people went year after year.  Still, it’s so hard when the old favorites don’t make it.  So hard.

Angie Tribecca (8/1) – A cliffhanger of sorts?  No, I don’t think that Angie is planning to kill the mayor, but I’m wondering what she is up to.  She definitely didn’t seem to mind being framed.  So who really did commit the crime?  It’s looking like Eddie, but who knows if that will stick or not.

Dead of Summer (8/2) – When you are dealing with the supernatural, don’t use more supernatural.  That map intrigues for sure, now that we’ve got it figured out.  And Blotter is definitely dead.  I’d assumed he was, but I wasn’t completely sure.  So who is helping them out?

Scream (8/2) – I suspected Zoe was dead as soon as she showed an interest in Noah episodes ago.  Come on, that was an obvious one.  But now we know why they showed a preview of the killer stabbing Noah last week – it happened at the beginning of the episode.  I’ve said it before and I will say it again, this killer is seriously twisted.  But what might the past have to do with it now and with Emma and Audrey?  That’s what I’m trying to figure out.  The theory that this season’s killer was working with Piper last year certainly makes sense, including the time that Piper was attacked.  I certainly didn’t see Audrey involved in that.  So is the killer someone from last season?  Or is it one of the new characters and they just were hiding in the background last season?

Suits (8/3) – Anyone surprised that Mike wound up taking the deal. Yeah, I didn’t think so.  Still, it will probably take until the end of this half of the season for him to be able to pull it off.  So about six more episodes or so.  I’m glad that Jessica stepped in and got the traders to back off of Louis.  I like it when someone gives him a hard time, but too much and I start to feel sorry for him.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised to see Rush Hour back on. I had really enjoyed it and was a little disappointed when it was cancelled. I want to try Angie Tribecca too. I like Rashida Jones. I want to watch the Olympics but am not sure how much it will actually happen. I do love gymnastics and all the swimming and diving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the midst of Olympic fever! Now that it is on during the daytime hours, so much great live coverage.

    Agreed about ANW, sad when favorites fall short. There are so many new obstacles - and new ones at every venue, it's tough, they really have to be on the ball. Not complaining, really, because it is what it is, but sometimes it's not fair when a 'new' obstacle causes an experienced favorite to fail, whereas a 'new' one on a different venue might have played into their strength.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.