Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ornament Review: Autumn Blessings - 2016 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Beautiful and cute fall scene
Cons: All cons fell away
The Bottom Line:
This cute autumn scene
Brings out warmth of the fall month
Enjoy all season




I’m Nuts About this Fall Ornament!

It’s slowly happening; I’m beginning to collect non-Christmas decorations from Hallmark.  It helps when they tie in to the series I’m already collecting.  That’s why I picked up Autumn Blessings, but it truly is a beautiful piece.

This ornament is based on artwork by legendary Hallmark artist Marjolein Bastin, and so for me the tie in is to the Marjolein’s Garden series.  Of course, the first two ornaments in that series looked like spring ornaments to me, so I’m not sure why this one wasn’t part of the series, but that’s not really important.

The ornament features a squirrel on top of a wooden barrel of harvest goodies.  The top of the barrel is actually covered, but rest on top are a squash, a gourd, and a pear.  To one, side, we have a pumpkin and an ear of corn.  But he’s found what he’s looking for, since he’s got an acorn in his hand.  The might be back for more since we can also see a few more mixed in with some leaves around him.  The colors are mostly muted reds and oranges, which really help evoke the autumn theme.

And the piece is so wonderful!  The squirrel is cute, and the scene is beautiful.  It is truly a work of art.  I do think it would have been nice if the colors were a bit brighter, but that’s a minor issue for me.

Fortunately, the ornament also has a nice, flat bottom, so I can set it out to enjoy during fall.  I’ll be putting it out with my Halloween ornaments, but I’ll leave it up through November since it really does fit Thanksgiving and all of the fall season period.

If you want to hang it, there is a loop on the top of the squirrel’s head for that purpose.  You’ll find the ornament tips back ever so slightly, but that’s another minor issue since it hardly noticeable.

Starting to get decorations for other holidays and seasons is a very slippery slope, but I am beginning to head down that path.  For Autumn Blessings, I don’t regret it for a minute.

While not an official part of the series, if you like this ornament you'll enjoy the Marjolein's Garden series.

Original Price: $17.95

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.