Sunday, October 23, 2016

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #4 - Ice Skating - 2001 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute ornament with more winter fun
Cons: Tips forward when hung
The Bottom Line:
Winter skating fun
Snoopy, Woodstock show us how
Mini series piece




Snoopy and Woodstock Will Skate Their Way onto Your Tree

As much as I am a summer/warm weather person, I am quickly realizing how much fun there is to be had during the winter thanks to looking at the Winter Fun with Snoopy ornaments.  The fourth entry highlights another fun activity – ice skating.

Being a miniature ornament, it’s simple, but it gets the point across.  Snoopy and Woodstock are skating on a small piece of light blue plastic, representing the ice.  They have their hands clasped behind them, and they are both gliding on one foot.  Snoopy is wearing skates and a blue hat.

Yes, you read that right, Snoopy is wearing skates while Woodstock is skating on his bare feet.  When I think of Snoopy skating, I picture the opening scene in A Charlie Brown Christmas where Snoopy was skating on his bare feet as well, but I can’t remember whether he skated on ice skates in the strip.  But that’s really not an issue for me since we need something to know what he is doing.  It might be hard to figure it out without those skates on Snoopy’s feet.

Since this is a miniature ornament, there isn’t a great amount of detail, but the detail we have is good.  It’s easy to tell who we have and what they are doing.  It’s actually amazing they have that much detail here since I couldn’t create anything like this if I tried.  One of the details they do have is the groove in the ice behind where Snoopy and Woodstock have just skated, which is a fantastic detail that I love.

The ice is flat, so you could set it out to be enjoyed somewhere.  Due to the size, it might easily get swept away or lost if you don’t set it some place safe, of course.  The series marker is on the bottom of the ornament as well.

Of course, the idea with an ornament is to hang it, and you’ll find the loop in the top of Snoopy’s hat.  They tip forward, which makes sense because the loop isn’t centered.  It’s enough to be noticeable, but hopefully you can disguise it with a tree branch or two.

Never having grown up where it gets cold enough to freeze, I must admit I associate ice skating most with indoor rinks, which you can enjoy year round.  And, when you get cold enough and want to warm up, you just go outside.  Works wonderfully for me.

Still, I do think of ice skating in winter, and it makes a wonderful addition to the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.  It’s a small but cute ornament.

Be sure to check out more ornaments in the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Ornament Price: $6.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.