Friday, November 18, 2016

November 18th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Here it is - Friday!  And you know what that means, time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Paint the Town Dead by Sybil Johnson.

                                                        


Are you looking for a book that jumps right into the action?  This book is definitely for you.  Here's the opening:
The rock crashed through the window, barely missing Rory Anderson's head, and slammed into the bookcase behind her.

Yep, that definitely got my attention.

I'm cheating a little with the Friday 56 this week.  I'm going with the Friday 57 because I liked this paragraph that closes out a chapter best, and it happens to be on page 57:

Rory pressed her ear to the door and listened.  A faint sound of reminiscent of a drawer sliding open came from behind the locked door.  "Someone's inside."  She slipped the key card in the lock and turned the handle.

I actually finished the book yesterday, and I will be reviewing it on Tuesday.  I hope you'll stop back by and see what I thought.

And I hope you have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I read it and am curious to see what you think. Have a great weekend.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. Henery Press puts out some amazing books. I'd love for you and your readers to check out my BB & 56... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsSAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. That got my attention too! This sounds so good and I pretty much trust anything that comes from Henery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. You got me with that beginning too! :-D
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover grabbed my attention! I sort of longing to go to a beach....
    Here's my Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/18/friday-56-16/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got me hooked! Can't wait to see what you thought and I better add it to my overflowing TBR pile! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.