Friday, May 19, 2017

May 19th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

This for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm highlighting my current read, which is The Miser's Dream by John Gaspard.


Yes, this is a mystery, with a magician as the main character, and the title refers to a trick that comes up multiple times over the course of the book.  I'm still reading it, so I'm not sure how it all plays out yet, but I'm enjoying it.

Here is how the book opens:
"I'm a hack."
Holy crap, did I just say that out loud?  My intention had been to whisper those three words silently to myself, but apparently my brain hadn't properly communicated that goal to my mouth.

Moving on to page 56, we find this:

At the sound of this name, Harry lowered the book.  "Clifford Thomas?  You're going to talk to Clifford Thomas?  The Clifford Thomas?"

And there you have it for this week.  Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I do enjoy a good mystery and a magician makes it a bit different from the norm.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one yet. I look forward to your thoughts . . .I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good book. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn! Oh money ... just as good! 😊

    I have a giveaway with my Friday post on my blog, hope you pop by and join in:
    http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2017/05/friday56-book-beginnings-giveaway-open.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like fun read! Hope you enjoy reading it!
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lead character is a magician - sounds cool. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.