Sunday, May 14, 2017

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #17 - Building an Igloo - 2014 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Snoopy and Woodstock are having a great time
Cons: How many people can relate to this ornament?
The Bottom Line:
Building an igloo
More limited winter fun
Will still make you smile




Snoopy and Woodstock Celebrate some Rarer Winter Fun

I’m constantly amazed at the creativity Hallmark artists show in the various series.  I couldn’t come up with the variety they do on a theme, but I love having it for my tree.  Every so often, they do hit an idea that makes me wonder, however, and that’s the case with the 2014 entry in the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

This winter, Snoopy and Woodstock are building an igloo.  They’ve almost finished it, since Snoopy has only one more block of ice to place in the dome of the main structure.  I’m not sure if Woodstock is helping or hindering, however, since he is sticking his head out of the opening where that block goes.

This makes me wonder just how many people have built an igloo for the fun of it.  Everything else that the series has highlighted has made sense to me, but this one has me scratching my head a little.  Maybe it’s just because I don’t live where it snows, but I don’t see this as a usual winter activity.

Not that I don’t like the ornament.  Woodstock popping out of the igloo brings a smile to my face.  It’s fun, and fans of the series will definitely like it.  And since this is the first time in seventeen entries I’ve reacted this way, that’s saying something as well.

Yes, this also means you’ll find a 17 in a Christmas tree on the base of the ornament.  You’ll have to look hard for it because this is a miniature ornament, and there isn’t much room on the base for the marker, but it is there.  That base also means there’s a flat surface, so you can set it out to enjoy.

Of course, it was designed to hang on your tree.  You’ll find that loop on the top of Snoopy’s green hat.  The ornament tips back slightly, but that’s a minor issue because only the most observant would notice.

Woodstock and Snoopy are obviously having fun, so maybe my questions about this ornament just make me a grump.  Frankly, it really is hard not to like the seventeenth Winter Fun with Snoopy ornament.

Check out the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy ornaments.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.