Sunday, May 28, 2017

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #18 - Snowmobiling - 2015 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun snowmobiling ornament
Cons: I don’t want to join them
The Bottom Line:
Zooming o’re the snow
Having fun snowmobiling
More cold weather joy




Snoopy and Woodstock are Ready to Hit the Snow with Plenty of Power

Being a bit of a scaredy-cat, there are plenty of things I am reluctant to try, and snowmobiles are one of them.  (Yes, I’d have to be somewhere that it snows first, which is another issue.)  It just doesn’t seem like it would be very safe.  However, Snoopy and Woodstock have no such qualms, as they are demonstrating in the eighteenth Winter Fun with Snoopy Ornament.

This mini ornament features Snoopy and Woodstock on an aquamarine snowmobile.  Snoopy is decked out in a Santa hat, scarf, and goggles and holding on to the snowmobile’s bars while Woodstock is sitting to Snoopy’s side and holding on tight.  They both have big grins on their faces, and why not?  They are obviously racing across the snow as evidenced by the way Snoopy’s hat is flying out behind them.

While I don’t think I would enjoy the ride nearly as much as they obviously are, I still have to smile at how much they are obviously enjoying themselves.  This is one of Hallmark’s miniature ornaments, so it is less than in inch in any direction, but they still manage to pack some great details in to the ornament.

Because of that size, I’d be hesitant to set it out to be displayed, but if you are so inclined, that is an option thanks to the runners of the snowmobile, which provide a flat base.  And if you squint, you can find the 18 in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the piece.

The ring for hanging the ornament is on the top of Snoopy’s head, which is the perfect place for it.  You’ll find that it tips forward slightly when you slip a hook through it, but you’ll only notice if you are looking for it.

While I wouldn’t be joining them for a snowmobile ride, those who enjoy the sport will certainly find this ornament great.  Even though the idea doesn’t appeal to me, I still like this entry in the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

You'll also enjoy the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Original Price: $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.