Friday, May 5, 2017

May 5th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Time for this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Uncorking a Lie by Nadine Nettmann.

                                                        


This is the second in her Sommelier Mysteries.  I read it over the weekend and loved it!

Here's how the book begins:
When bottles of wine are sold for large amounts of money, they end up in the news.  Sometimes it's because the bottle was rare and other times, the final price was noteworthy or even extreme.  Yet the seller was never really emphasized in the articles.  It's always the buyer.

It's actually kind of interesting reading that after having read the book since that paragraph actually does set up a bit of the mystery.

Since I read an eARC, I'm jumping ahead to 56% of the way through the book, which is where we find this:

I opened the door to my apartment but stopped before stepping inside.  There's a certain feeling that comes over you when you blind taste a wine you've had before.  A familiarity that strikes within you deep inside.  It's the same feeling when something is awry before you can place it.  That's what I knew as I stood at the door.

Two longer excerpts today, but I really couldn't cut them down.

I hope you have a great weekend.  My review of this book will be up on Monday, so please stop back by to see what I thought of it.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting story. Not being a drinker, I know next to nothing about wine though. I am reading Traitor's Kiss by Erin Beatty this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh...enter with care...or better yet, get some help.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy a good wine. Several people have recommended this series to me. Might have to garb them along with a bottle or two of vino. LOL

    My Friday 56 from The Darkest Thread

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at 'cork'. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like the sound of this one! I'm curious why she's emphasizing the seller in the beginning. I'm guessing that has something to do with the mystery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an intriguing series. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.