Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ornament Review: Cookie Cutter Summer - Cookie Cutter Through the Year #5 - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great scene in a fun shape
Cons: No summer blues here
The Bottom Line:
Great shaped ornament
Summer fun captured inside
Collectible smiles




It’s Fun in the Sun with this Summer Ornament

It’s officially summer!  This is my favorite season of the year.  Even as an adult with no ties to the school year, there is something relaxing about the season.  I feel like I have extra time for things.  If only my boss would agree with me, right?  That feeling is captures in Cookie Cutter Summer.

The cookie cutter this month is a butterfly.  Doesn’t that feel like summer right there?  And for the scene inside the butterfly frame, our mouse friend is riding a bike.  He’s just ridden past a tree.  There’s a fence behind him and the butterfly motif is carried through in the scene since there is a butterfly in front of him.  There are a few puffy white clouds in the blue sky in the background.

If you start looking closely, you’ll see some fun candy references in this ornament.  The wheels of the bike are obviously peppermints, and the red frame of the bike looks a bit like licorice to me.  The stones in the wall could be hard candies.  And the path he is riding on is soda crackers.  Maybe I’m reading too much into a couple of these objects, but that’s what I think of when I look at them.

Whether they are candy inspired or not, this whole ornament is fun.  While I haven’t ridden a bike in years, the freedom of riding a bike through a scene like this is irresistible.  I can’t help but smile when I look at it.  (I do that a lot with Hallmark ornaments, don’t I?)

Because of the depth of the cookie cutter shape, this ornament does actually stand up on its own, so you can display it that way if you want.  It’s staple enough that you’d have to be trying to knock it over.

If you want to hang the ornament, you’ll find that it tips forward ever so slightly.  This isn’t a huge issue, but it is something to note.  It’s a little odd since it seems like the ring could have been moved forward slightly and it would balance better.

On the back of the ornament, you’ll find the 5 in a Christmas tree series marker.

Cookie Cutter Summer captures those nostalgia feelings of carefree summer days, and it does it perfectly.  That makes it worth owning.

Enjoy more holidays with the rest of the Cookie Cutter Through the Year ornaments.

Original Price: $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.