Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Ornament Review: Garland Giggles - Making Memories #10 - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute scene of a Christmas tradition
Cons: This tradition doesn’t resonate as much with me as some others
The Bottom Line:
Stringing edibles
Gives time to laugh, smile, giggle
More cute memories




String Together More Memories for Your Tree

There are so many traditions to choose from for the Making Memories series, but not all of them touch everyone.  For example, my family only strung popcorn once or twice for the tree, although I do remember making some construction paper garlands.  While I may not connect with Garland Giggles on a memory level, I do still find it cute.

Each ornament in this series features a snow adult and a snow child engaged in some Christmas tradition, and this year they are stringing together popcorn and cranberries to hang on the tree.  The adult has the bowl of popcorn in front of them, and the child has the cranberries, but they are obviously both stringing both items.  Between them is a string with popcorn and cranberries already on it, with space for more.  While I’m surprised it doesn’t seem like either of them are snacking, they are looking at each other and obviously having a good time.  Another surprise is that there isn’t a pet this year.  Most ornaments in the series include a dog or a cat or both.

Pet absence aside, this is still a cute ornament.  The snow people are always adorable, and the moment between them is perfect.  Even if, like me, making edible garlands was never a big part of your Christmas, you’ll still like it.

The scene fits on a snowflake.  Or at least a snowflake is always used to provide a flat base.  I love that touch as it makes the series stand out.  You’ll also find the series marker, a 10 in a Christmas tree this year, on the bottom.

The hook is sticking out of the adult’s snow cap.  It looks slightly off center, but you need to take into account the fact that the adult is larger than the child.  That’s why the ornament doesn’t tip side to side.  It does tip slightly forward, but once you get it in the middle of tree branches, you’ll never notice.

Since I didn’t string garland each year, Garland Giggles may not be my favorite in the series, but I definitely still appreciate it.

Make more memories with the rest of the Making Memories series.

Original Price: $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.