Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Life Update

If you were paying attention on Monday, you noticed that I cut back on my reading challenge goals for the year.  Not in the number of them I signed up for, but the level I signed up to read.  Unfortunately, there is a reason for that.

On December 15th, I was diagnosed with colon cancer.  There are still a lot of unknowns at the moment.  Tomorrow, I'm going in for two CT scans to see if it has spread beyond my colon.  On January 10th, I am going in for surgery.  After the surgery, we will have more concrete answers  as to what treatment will look like after that.

What does it mean for the blog?  I am not shutting it down.  However, posting will most likely be slower than normal over the next few months.  It also means that I am not accepting review requests for the time being.  I will complete those I have already agreed to, and I am concentrating on those books right now, so my book reviews in general will be down over the next few weeks as I start reading books way ahead of schedule.

I will keep you updated as I learn more myself.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, you will be in our prayers.
    judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Mark. I hadn't noticed the levels but there had been a few mentions of changes or being unavailable so I knew something was up. I know you'll be glad to have concrete answers and I hope for the very best. You have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, you are in my thoughts as you nail down your treatment plan. Reading will always be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear this, Mark. I'll be thinking of you this week. Here's hoping your surgery goes well and results in some good news.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.