Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Ornament Review: Lego Batman - 2017 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Action shot of Lego Batman, even captures personality
Cons: Very black, so blends into tree (but this is Batman)
The Bottom Line:
Action ornament
Captures personality
Of Lego Batman




He is Batman for Your Tree

Of the three Lego movies that have hit the big screen, The Lego Batman Movie is by far my favorite, so when I saw that Hallmark was releasing a Lego Batman ornament in 2017, I knew I had to buy it.

We’ve caught Batman in action, which is how you should catch superheroes.  He’s got his right leg out and his left arm up with a batterang all ready to throw at some villain.  His right arm is out, and with the look on his face, it almost looks like he’s winking at someone off to the side as he saves the day.  That certainly fits the personality of the Lego version of this character.  He’s wearing a black cape that is flowing out behind him.

Unlike previous Lego ornaments, Batman isn’t standing on a Lego block.  However, his feet actually provide enough of a base that he will stand.  I was surprised when I saw that since he is in mid-step.  If he gets bumped, he’d tip over fairly easily, so you would want to make sure he is somewhere where that won’t happen if you set him out, but it is an option for displaying him.

Of course, an ornament is designed to be hung, and Lego Batman is no exception.  You’ll find the ring for hanging him on the back of his head.  He tips forward ever so slightly, but since this is a character in action, it’s hard to tell.  Really, when you go to hang him, you’ll be quite happy with how he looks.

And I’m happy with him overall.  While I don’t have very many superheroes in my ornament collection, I just had to get this one.  He does blend into the tree a bit since he’s almost all black, the exception being his logo and his utility belt.  But this is Batman.  He’s supposed to be all black, so it’s hard to complain too loudly about that.  The way they captured his personality is so much fun.  I can’t imagine a better ornament.

Lego Batman appeals to so many different audiences, it’s no surprise the ornament proved to be popular in 2017.  I’m glad I snagged my copy, and if you are interested, I suggest you snag yours soon.

Original Price: $15.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.