Saturday, March 10, 2018

Candy Review: Hershey's Carrot Cake Kisses



Stars: 2 out of 5
Pros: The first few remind you of carrot cake
Cons: After that, they just taste sweet
The Bottom Line:
Carrot Cake Kisses
First few good, then lose flavor
Makes easy to pass

Tasty Treat in Limited Quantities

Walking down the candy aisle is dangerous.  I was looking at the Easter candy recently, hoping to run across a season treat I enjoyed in years past.  While I didn’t find it, I did stumble across Hersey’s Carrot Cake Kisses.  I did a double take.  Intrigued, I had to give them a try.

These kisses are orange with a white center.  Pop one in your mouth, and you’ll find they do a decent approximation of a carrot cake.  The flavor is heavy on the frosting side of the cake, but let’s face it, that is the best part.  There is a hint of the carrot cake flavor as well.

However, what I’ve discovered is that after about the fourth one, they start to lose their flavoring.  After that, they just start to taste sweet.  It’s not bad, but when there is no connection to carrot cake, what’s the point?

And that’s probably a very good thing.  I doubt there is anything remotely healthy in these candies.  I’m sure they use white chocolate in them, and then artificial flavors.  Yes, I’ve glanced at the ingredients, but they don’t mean anything to me.  And the nutritional information is downright scary.

All sweets are best consumed in limited quantities, but that is especially true for Carrot Cake Kisses.  Since the flavor isn’t distinct for long, these are best just skipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.