Friday, March 9, 2018

March 9th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Here we are - Friday!  So let's get to some Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Death al Fresco by Leslie Kurst.

                                                


This is the third book in a series, and I enjoyed it.  Assuming I get my review written, I will post it on Tuesday, which is release day.
In the meantime, however, here's how the book begins:

Eric was late.  Not at all surprising, but it irritated me nonetheless.

Since I read an eARC, let's skip ahead to 56% into the book, where we find this:

I lowered my voice to convey that what I was about to tell him was important - and perhaps even confidential - and the man leaned in to hear what I had to say.

Have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I can't resist a cozy and this is a new author for me. Don't you love the fun covers and titles for a cozy.

    My 56 from Alice In Murderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great cozy. This week I am featuring Under the Shadows by Gwen Florio - a mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun cozy. I like the description in the 56 excerpt.
    My Friday post features a psychological thriller: The Marsh King’s Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh I like this one alot-I am reading a cozy mystery myself-hope you'll stop by for mine-I added this to my want to read list!!
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-friday-56_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know I love a cozy and this is an author I haven't gotten to yet. I do sympathize with poor Eric. I have a tendency to always be late myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.