Saturday, October 13, 2018

October 13th's Weekly TV Thoughts

I made some cuts in my TV viewing in anticipation of the full #Arrowverse coming back in the next couple of weeks.  The only new show I still have is God Friended Me, and I don't think I'll be giving that one up any time soon.  The others just weren't grabbing me.  And with all the drama behind the scenes of Lethal Weapon, I'm out of that one as well.  But since I've got two shows starting up again this coming week, I'll be way too busy watching TV shows as it is.  Plus I still want to check out The Rookie.

God Friended Me – I’m still intrigued.  The episode’s story wasn’t too surprising, but it was sweet.  I like what they appear to be doing with the characters.  It looks like the ratings really dropped off with week two, so we’ll see how long it sticks around, but I think I’m in.

Dancing with the Stars – I always forget how powerful this night can be.  So many moving stories, and a few bits of trivia I didn’t know, like Mary Lou’s knee surgery so close to the Olympics.  Wow!  My hat is off to her for doing that.  And Evanna being pen pals with J.K. Rowling yet getting cast in the movies all on her own.  (I still stand by what I said when that movie came out, too – they found Luna and got her to play herself.  She was amazing in the roll!)  So hard to see someone go after a night like this.

The Flash – I hadn’t realized just how much I had been missing this show.  So good to have it back, and Barry’s scenes with Nora when he learned about disappearing were heart breaking.  The show does that so well.  I’m glad we are finally dealing with his whole vanishing act.  I hope we get some answers on that this season even though it obviously isn’t supposed to happen for a few years.

This is Us – Oh, I know what they were doing with Kate’s visions, but that certainly hasn’t been my experience with my surgeries.  Maybe it’s me, but when they put me under, I am out, and nothing registers until I wake up again.  And I wouldn’t have it any other way.  Kate and Jack meeting is very interesting.  Do they go off to LA together?  We know where they wind up, of course.  Randall and Beth are going to have to get some stuff figured out.  Now is not the time to be running a campaign no matter how important the cause is, and it is pretty important.

Survivor – The Davids won!  And the Goliaths didn’t vote out Natalie?  I’m shocked.  Okay, I can understand them seeing Jeremy as a threat, although this early in the game you have to keep the strong around.  You need to win challenges.  (Although the tribe switch coming up does change that some.)  And I can’t stand Natalie.  I’m ready for her to be gone.

The Big Bang Theory – I watched just enough of Young Sheldon last year to have seen Tam’s first appearance.  It was nice to close that loop on him, plus we get to see George again.  Although I must say, his appearances in the past filling in for Leonard weren’t nearly as good as the original scenes.  Still curious where they are going with the Raj storyline.

The Good Place – Enjoyed this one much better than last week.  I don’t feel like we really got to see much change in the characters, but this is a comedy, so I’m willing to take their word for it.  I wasn’t sure how they’d work Michael and Janet into this season, but in many ways I’ve felt they’ve been the main characters this time around.  I’m wondering if that will mean anything down the line for the season.  And that cliffhanger?  Next week will be interesting for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.