Friday, December 14, 2018

December 14th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Hello and welcome to Friday!  And that means it is time again for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Murder on Cape Cod by Maddie Day.



Here's how the book begins:

It's the little signs that end up meaning something.  The fog.  One man's odd restlessness.  Another person's new confidence.  The signs we ignore at our peril.

Jumping ahead to page 56, we find:

I tried the breath-in-breath-out technique I'd learned in a meditation class to calm my worry about Derrick.  Or was it anger I was feeling?

I will have my full review up on Tuesday, so I hope you'll come back to see why you need to start this new series.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. This week I am spotlighting Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing opening. And Cape Cod is one of my favorite vacation spots. Sounds like a series I should check out -- thanks for sharing it.

    My Book Beginning this week is also a cozy mystery: The Appleton Case

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious for more. It sounds like an intriguing read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.