Friday, June 7, 2019

June 7th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

It's another Friday, and this one couldn't come soon enough.  It's been another long week at work, but next week should be quieter.

Anyway, I'm not here to talk about work but to participate in this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is Murder at the Palace by Margaret Dumas.

                                                      

This is a fun mystery.  A bit slow to start, but I really enjoyed it in the end.

Of course, I found the beginning fun as well.
It all started because of the seance scene in Blithe Spirit (1945, Rex Harrison and Constance Cummings).  But before that it was because I got bonked by that stupid light.  But before that it was because I took the job at the Palace movie theater when Robbie offered it.  But before that it was because Ted left me.  So everything, ultimately, was Ted's fault.

Jumping ahead to page 56, we find this (shorter) teaser:

"Why are you here?" I asked her.
She blinked.  "Because I loved Eddie Wheeler more than was good for me."

I'll have a full review posted on Wednesday, so I hope you come back for that.  In the mean time, have a great weekend.  I'll be down at Camp Pendleton for their Mud Run on Saturday.  Looking forward to it as always.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Fun teaser. And I'm glad you enjoyed it even the it had a slow start.

    My Friday 56 from Dead Spider

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ That beginning. It does sound good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun beginning! Plus Blithe Spirit is one of my absolute favorite plays/movies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.