Sunday, June 16, 2019

Disney Pin Review: Lumiere - Disney Wisdom Collection #6

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Good quote, characters look great
Cons: I’m boldly going with none
The Bottom Line:
A bold choice of quotes
In great looking three pin set
For fans, collectors





Don’t Be Timid – Buy These Pins

When you know what you want, you need to go out and get it.  Such is the case with limited edition items that Disney sells, like the pins in the Disney Wisdom Collection.  That makes the quote used for the sixth release in this monthly series so appropriate.

Okay, so the quote really applies to bigger things in life than collecting.  The quote this month comes from Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast.  As a huge fan of the movie, I can easily give you the context of this scene.  Beast is getting ready for his big date with Belle, and he is hesitant to declare his love for her.  Knowing that time is running out, Lumiere counsels him, “You don’t have time to be timid.  You must be bold, daring!”  There is definitely wisdom is knowing what you want and going after it whole heartedly, especially if it leaves you vulnerable, like in Beast’s case.  Of course, there is also wisdom is knowing when going after something could be dangerous.  But that’s not the contest of this quote, so I will save that discussion for another time.

As usual, the set consists of three different pins.  One is the quote in calligraphy, with “daring” getting the biggest emphasis.  Another pin is Lumiere, which means we are currently three for three when it comes to getting a pin of the person being quoted.  Rounding out the set is Cogsworth.  The color for the month is yellow, which certainly makes sense for Lumiere.  The overall color is a little paler than I was expecting, but it works, and with the accent color being and yellowish brown is perfect for Cogsworth.  It allows both characters to look their best, and Cogsworth might look the best of any characters in the series to date.

I’m a big fan of the movie, so I would probably buy this set even if I weren’t collection the rest of the series.  But since I’ve been enjoying the series, I’m glad to add this pin set to my Disney Wisdom Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.