Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Ornament Review: Cookie Cutter Christmas #8 - Decorating the House - 2019 Hallmark Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cute and creative ornament
Cons: None for fans of this series
The Bottom Line:
Decorating time
With this bulb shaped ornament
Shows decorating




Decorate Your Tree with this Decorating Ornament

I’ve made no secret of how much I love the Cookie Cutter Christmas series.  Each entry is so cute.  So, I’m sure you aren’t going to be at all surprised to hear me say I love this year’s entry as well.

This year, the Christmas cookie cutter shape is a light bulb.  I must admit, I didn’t quite see it until someone else pointed it out, but now that I know what it is supposed to be, I can’t believe I didn’t see it to begin with.  And it’s a perfect shape for the scene inside the ornament.  Our mouse is working on decorating the outside of his tree house.  He’s standing on a ladder made of candy canes to hang some decorations over his door.  In this world where treats fill in for real things, I’m going to say he is hanging lights.  Okay, so it looks like colored hard candies strung on a rope, but remember, he is standing on a candy cane ladder.  We’ve got a cookie for a front door step, licorice as the door frame, and a cupcake bush, so those could easily be lights he is hanging.

I honestly think that is one of the things I love about this series.  At first glance, the scene looks like a mouse decorating his house for Christmas.  But when you look closer, you start to see all of those fun details.  And they make everything so cute.  Plus there’s the fact that the scene fits perfectly in the shape of the cookie cutter and fits the theme of the cookie cutter.  I do love how the snow at the bottom of the ornament is ever so slightly leaking out of the frame.  Could this ornament be any more perfect?

Well, it could if you were looking to stand this ornament up to display.  The bottom of the ornament is ever so rounded, so it won’t stand up for more than a second without rolling to one side or the other.

On the other hand, the ornament looks good when hung.  It might tip ever so slightly to the left, but it’s hard to tell for sure, and when you hang it in the middle of tree branches, you’ll never notice.

As I’ve mentioned, this ornament is part of a series.  As a result, you’ll find an 8 in a Christmas tree on the back of the ornament.  It’s right next to the handle for the cookie cutter.  They really do think of everything with these ornaments, don’t they?

This ornament is another triumph for the Cookie Cutter Christmas series.  If you want a cute ornament, you’ll be hard pressed to find one better than this one.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Cookie Cutter Christmas series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.