Thursday, March 12, 2020

Ornament Review: Bonjour! - 2019 Hallmark Release


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures a great moment for Belle
Cons: None
The Bottom Line:
Belle in a bookstore
Piece captures her in action
A great ornament




Belle at a Bookstore – I Didn’t Need to Know Anything Else

I have long maintained that Belle is my favorite Disney princess, and one reason is because she loves books as much as I do.  So when I saw Hallmark’s Bonjour! ornament this last year, I knew I had to get it.

This ornament captures Belle from the song “Belle” that starts the movie.  It’s the scene where she is in the bookstore, and she is riding the ladder in front of the bookshelves.  She’s holding on with her right hand, but her left arm is flung out, and the way her dress is flying out, she is clearly in motion.

I love that moment in the movie, and I love this ornament as a result.  It’s a great action pose for Belle, and her features are perfect.  The books behind her on the shelf are painted on, but that makes no difference to me.  This is a great ornament.

No surprise, the bookshelf stands on its feet just fine.  You really could set this ornament out to be displayed year-round since it doesn’t have anything directly related to Christmas on it.

However, it is a Christmas ornament, and I hung it on my tree this last year.  When you do, you’ll find that the ornament tips back ever so slightly, but you have to be watching for it to even notice.  Belle looks wonderful on your tree as well.

That’s because this ornament is just wonderful.  Seriously, if you are a fan of Belle for the same reason I am, Bonjour! is definitely an ornament you’ll want to track down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.