Friday, March 27, 2020

March 27th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to Friday.  And once again, I'm participating in Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Murder at the Mena House by Erica Ruth Neubauer.

                                                  

This is the first in a new series set in 1926 Egypt.  It's a lot of fun, and you can guess from the opening:
When selecting an exotic location for travel, it's advisable to choose one where the air isn't trying to kill you.  I would try to remember that for the next time.

Isn't that a fun opening?

Page 56 is the start of chapter 10.  Here's how it begins:

Redvers stayed with me for a time, and I appreciated the concerned glances he kept sending my way.  At least one person seemed to be concerned for my well-being, and for that, I was grateful.

I'm planning to post a review on Monday ahead of the Tuesday release date.  I hope you'll come back then to see what I thought.

In the meantime, enjoy a quiet weekend full of reading.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read, for sure!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that beginning and what a fun looking book! I hadn't come across this one but am adding to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover looks so tempting. Happy reading.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.