Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Ornament Review: Good Luck Sweets - Seasons Treatings Special Edition - 2020 Hallmark Release


Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great looking platter of treats for St. Patrick’s Day
Cons: Ornament is lucky enough not to have any
The Bottom Line:
Sweet treats for Patrick
Chocolate and cake in green
Fun March ornament




You’ll Be Lucky to Add this Ornament to Your Collection

We all become Irish in March, especially on the seventeenth.  With all the other holidays that exist, I’m not sure why St. Patrick’s Day has become more popular than some of the others, but it is.  It has been the March entry for many of Hallmark’s year round series, and the special editions for Season’s Treatings is no exception since they are giving us Good Luck Sweets.

The main treat for this ornament is a cake.  It’s shaped like a shamrock and covered in green frosting.  We can’t see inside the cake to know the answer to the most important question –  what kind of cake is it?  On top of the cake is a leprechaun.  Surrounding the cake on the circular platter are a few cupcakes and gold coins.  Those lucky enough to get one of those coins will find it is really chocolate, I’m sure.  Finally, there’s a sucker with green swirls in it.

Okay, I’m more of a pie person than a cake person (don’t worry, that’s coming in another couple of months), but that doesn’t change my opinion of this ornament.  I’ll take a piece of cake.  Or a cupcake.  And I’m definitely snagging a coin.  I mean, who can resist those delicious treats?  The leprechaun is a nice touch, as is the fact that platter this is all on is green.  As a result, it screams St. Patrick’s Day, which is the point.  I can easily imagine this being at a St. Patrick’s Day party.

While the platter has a flat base, this ornament isn’t particularly vertical, so if you just set it out to be displayed, you won’t be able to see much of it.  That’s a common issue with the series as a whole, so I expect it when I look at these ornaments.

The loop for hanging the ornament is in the cake, and when you go to hang it, you’ll find it hangs at a fun angle, like most of the ornaments in the series do.  I’m glad I bought one of Hallmark’s display stands a couple years back so I can display this one.

I don’t do much more than wear green on St. Patrick’s Day, but I’m enjoying have a few ornaments I can set out to celebrate the day.  For that reason, I’m glad I added Good Luck Sweets to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.