Saturday, April 18, 2020

April 18th's Weekly TV Thoughts

News came out this week that CBS has cancelled God Friended Me.  I'm not surprised.  Bummed, but not surprised.  And their season was shortened because of everything going on, too.  I'm hearing the finale in just over a week will wrap things up.  I certainly hope so.

And we'll start with that show in the weekly wrap up.

God Friended Me – Yep, they got me with the emotional scenes again.  Yet I was also laughing at them trying to take care of the baby.  I didn’t see all the twists and turns of the plot coming, but I loved how it ended, as I always am.  It’s frustrating that we are going to be left hanging by the God Account story because you know they are building to something.  But what?????  And when will Cara give up this new guy and go back to Miles?

The Baker and the Beauty – I decided to give this new series a try.  It sounded like it could be fun, and I certainly enjoyed the pilot.  The poor boy/rich woman romance has been done before (other way around, too, obviously), but I like the characters.  You can see where some big issues are being set up.  I feel like it is more a movie storyline, not an entire series, but we will see how they develop it.  I’m definitely going to be back next week for more.

Survivor – Everyone got loved one visits!  Even the people at Edge of Extinction.  I loved that; I really did.  And I loved that final scene with the jury going to hugging Jeff.  It was heartwarming, and much needed right now.  The idol almost worked.  So close.  Would have been a tie otherwise, right?  Or did I miscount.  But Tyson is out of the game.  Again.

LegoMasters – I’m not too surprised that Tyler and Amy won.  They had the best builds consistently, and they seemed to be the favorites of the judges.  Imagine if they had gone home last week.  I don’t envy the judges because those final three builds were all wonderful and all great in their own ways.  I mean, banana table legs?  Paint brush that turns things around?  All amazing details.

Disney Family Singalong – That was so much fun!!!!  Not that I’m surprised since I love Disney music, but seriously, how much fun was that?  I was smiling the entire way through, and I may have saved it to watch again.  The only thing that would have made it better is Zac singing on “We’re All in This Together,” but at least he was able to introduce the song.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen any of these- but I am very curious about LegoMasters. I can imagine great creations! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.