Friday, April 24, 2020

April 24th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Booked 4 Murder by J.C. Eaton.

                                            

This book has been out for several years, but I'm just now reading it.  I wish I'd read it sooner, it was a lot of fun.

Here's how the book kicks things off:
"I'm telling you, Phee, they were all murdered.  Murdered by reading that book."

Want to know more about that curse?  Well, of page 56, we find this:

"Do either of you know how that rumor got around about the book being cursed?"
They shook their heads.

Want to know more?  I'll be reviewing it on Wednesday next week, so I hope you'll stop back by then.  Meantime, have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. That's a good opening phrase! It worked for me, as I'm already curious to find out more :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murderded by a book?! Count me in!! :-) Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is great and this looks like a fun cozy mystery. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one too and am so glad you enjoyed it. I think I need to dive into a cozy mystery next . . . Have a good weekend. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun series and if anything it gets better! I'm so glad you've picked this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a fun one! I seldom read books right when they come out, so a book being four years old seems like nothing to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.