Sunday, June 14, 2020

Disney Pin Review: Cruella de Vil - Windows of Evil Pin - 2018 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Lots of fun little touches
Cons: Nothing spotty about it – it’s great!
The Bottom Line:
Cruella’s window
Features lots of fun touches
With great stained-glass look

My Thoughts on This Pin are Black and White

Obsession can make a good villain.  There is none who better exemplifies this than Cruella de Vil, the subject of the Windows of Evil pin I’m looking at this month.

Cruella’s face takes up about half of this faux stained-glass window.  She’s grinning at us, which is creepy as always.  You just know she’s up to something when she is grinning like that.  Around her is a light green background.

At the top of the window is one of my favorite features of this pin.  We have a silhouette of her two henchmen, Jasper and Horace, framed in a square.  Why do I love that so much?  Because it is a callback to the scene where we first see them through a window just before they break in to steal the puppies.  It’s such a very fun way to include them without them taking away from Cruella.

Down at the bottom are a couple more silhouettes, this time of puppies.  One is white and one is black, but they are the opposite of Cruella’s hair.  The frame itself is spotted, just like Dalmatians, and up at the very top is a “C.”

Obviously, there is much to like about this pin, and I do.  The details (I didn’t name them all) are fantastic, and the way they have faked the stained-glass look is excellent.  I believe this is also the only time (definitely the first I’ve reviewed) where the pin for the villain features something related to the hero on it.  This is a fun pin from top to bottom.

Since this was a limited-edition release, it is long gone from pin stores at Disneyland.  However, if you are a fan of Cruella, this is definitely a pin worth tracking down.

Want to see a picture?  Check out my post on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.