Saturday, June 6, 2020

June 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Titan Games – The Rock picked a great male Titan since he hasn’t been beaten.  Yet the female Titan fell again.  That definitely makes it more interesting.  And we are already to the regional finals next week.  I’ll be interested in seeing how they play that out with three contestants.

The Baker and the Beauty – I wasn’t surprised they got back together, but there were several other surprises along the way for me.  What a sweet finale.  I was smiling for so much of it.  Hoping it gets picked up for a second season.

Stargirl – That was a dark turn.  Once again, they surprised me, too.  I was expecting that the kid would become a friend and would lead us into danger.  Obviously, we’ve got a nasty villain on our hands.  Mom working for him is definitely going to cause problems down the road.  Predictable yet fun touch.  And how old is the dad supposed to be?  I thought he’d be a little younger than my generation.  I loved the shout outs to some of my favorite video games.

Legends of Tomorrow – And that’s how the series should be.  Fate of the world stakes, some good moments with characters, and plenty of fun.  I’m sorry to see Charlie go, although I think they’ve done about all they can with her characters – twice now.  And I do hope that Nate finds someone who isn’t a doomed love sometime soon.  I mean, seriously, how very unlucky can one guy get?  As to that ending?  I’m not saying it was aliens, but it is aliens.

Game On! – This week was a little better than last week, but overall, I’m not hooked.  I think I’ll pass on this series going forward.

Holey Moley – Another new hole.  I thought the gopher were a fun idea.  I’d love to see that another time or two.  And the same diver was back again.  Obviously, he’s a plant who will never make it through.  I can’t believe I didn’t figure that out last time.  Now that I’m in on the joke, I’ll enjoy it more.  No, I haven’t read any of Karen Slaughter’s books, but I definitely know who she is, so it was fun watching her on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.