Thursday, November 5, 2020

Ornament Review: Taming the Beast - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Captures a special moment for Beast perfectly
Cons: Only a beastly person would list cons
The Bottom Line:
Beast feeding the birds
Makes delightful ornament
This fan is happy

There’s Something There with this Ornament

Since Beauty and the Beast remains one of my favorite movies, I always pay attention to the ornaments Hallmark releases for that movie.  When I spotted the Taming the Beast limited edition ornament, I knew I had to have it.

This ornament features Beast.  He doesn’t get as many ornaments as Belle, so right away that was a draw for me.  He is captured from the “Something There” scene as Belle and Beast start to realize they might be developing feelings for each other.  This is Beast at his most vulnerable to that point in the movie as he is feeding the birds.  He’s hunched down a little, and he has food in one of his hands.  He’s got three birds on him, one on each hand and one on a shoulder.  He’s looking down at the birds on his hands, and his face captures the wonderment that the birds are actually on him.

It’s such a sweet moment in the film, and this ornament captures it perfectly.  Any fan of the film will recognize it right away.  I love that scene (no surprise, since I love the movie, right?) and I just had to have the ornament as a result.

If you are looking to set this ornament out to display, you’ll be pleased to know that it has a large base.  Not only do we have Beast’s feet, but the cape is flowing out behind him.  As a result, he’s very sturdy.  I will caution you, however, that he is looking down at the birds on his hands, so you don’t get a clear view of his face unless you place him up higher.

Fortunately, that isn’t an issue when you go to hang him on your tree.  He is a little heavy, so you’ll want to be sure you place him on a sturdy branch.  However, you should be able to hang him high enough to see his face.  He tips back ever so slightly, as well.  Unless you are looking for it, you’ll never notice, but it also makes it easier to see his face when you hang him on your tree.

This was one of my absolute must haves from Hallmark’s line this year, and I’m so pleased with how it looks.  If you love the movie as much as I do, you’ll want to get Taming the Beast, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.