Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Ornament Review: Something There - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Belle in a rare outfit
Cons: Dress seam, slight tip
The Bottom Line:
Belle in rare outfit
With compliment ornament
Moment love begins




Belle Enjoys a Winter Visit with a Bluebird

Belle is my favorite Disney Princess, so I do pay attention to the ornaments that Hallmark releases for her.  Having said that, I don’t buy all of them every year.  Since I bought the limited-edition ornament of Beast that compliments Something There, I decided I had to get this ornament this year.

As you might have guessed from the name of the ornament, this is an ornament inspired by the song as Belle and Beast are starting to fall in love.  This ornament focuses on Belle.  He’s in her pink dress and red cape from the beginning of the song.  She’s got one hand raised and a bluebird sitting on it.

We rarely see Belle in this outfit, so that’s another reason I’m happy I got this ornament.  It captures her well in a contemplative moment as she watches the bird and thinks about her relationship with Beast.

However, I do have an issue with the ornament.  There is a white line down the front of the dress.  I’m sure it is supposed to be the fastener, and I’m sure if I watched this scene closely enough I’d see it there in the movie.  But in this ornament, it looks odd.

Belle is slightly kneeling, and she has her dress and cape flowing out around her.  That means the ornament has a nice base, so you can easily set it out to enjoy year round.

The ornament does tip slightly to the back and right when you go to hang it.  It doesn’t look bad that way, actually, so this is a minor issue.

I wish the dress didn’t have the white line through it, but that is my only complaint.  Something There will be a proud part of my ornament collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.