Sunday, February 6, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Jungle Cruise - Cuckoo for Disney Pins - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfectly captures the look of The Jungle Cruise as a pin
Cons: Doesn’t come with any puns (or the backside of water)
The Bottom Line:
Time for Jungle Cruise
Perfectly themed cuckoo pin
But no puns in sight




I’m Glad This Pin Cruised into My Collection

Being the punny guy that I am, I love The Jungle Cruise at the Disney parks, so I would be interested in a Jungle Cruise themed entry in the Cuckoo for Disney Pins series even if I weren’t already collecting them.

Each entry in this series features a cuckoo clock themed around a classic Disney attraction.  No, the main part of this clock isn’t one of the Jungle Cruise boats.  Instead, it is a jungle hut.  The face of the clock is right where you might expect the door to be.  Above the clock face is a mask and some arrows.  On the left-hand side is Bertha, the elephant.  Looks like she finally got out of the shower.  Off to the right, we have the boa constrictor sitting in a tree.  And the dangle elements?  We’ve got two piranha on the sides and a ship for the middle dangle element.

Of all the pins in this series, this is the one I would be most tempted to get if they really made it as a clock.  But only on one condition – instead of a sound to count the hour, we get a classic joke from the attraction at the top of the hour.  That would be awesome, right?  I’m the only one who thinks so?  Bummer!  I guess I’ll settle for this pin.

Not that I’m really settling.  Just by looking at the pin, you know exactly which ride is being represented here, which I love.  I also love that they included two different but easily recognizable animals from the attraction in it.  (Four if we count the fish, but they aren’t quite as iconic as the other two.)

If you are also a fan of The Jungle Cruise, you’ll want to track down this pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.