Saturday, February 12, 2022

February 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

It's almost like we have Olympics going on or something.  My TV viewing has cut itself in half, which is a good thing.  I've had so much else going on I haven't had time to watch TV like I normally would.  Haven't watched as much Olympics as I thought I would either.

Around the World in 80 Days – I’m not too surprised at where this episode went.  I was expecting, with them stranded on an island, that it was finally time to face the various arcs we’d been building.  I’ll be interested to see how they build on this going forward since I am impressed with the character development we’ve gotten.  The romance has me very curious as well, given the time when the series was set.  So, a predictable episode (again), but a good one.

Wipeout – They changed the course!  I really liked some of these new obstacles, or maybe it was just that we got to see something new.  John was a good sport at the end, and the running gags with the team that run were really entertaining.

The Book of Boba Fett – I know I’ve been complaining about the show being slow and lacking action.  This episode was almost all action, and it was still slow.  There is such a thing as too much action, which can be boring if it gets repetitive.  That was the case here.  At least you won’t have to hear me whine too much more about it (after I review it next week), right?

The Amazing Race – I’m skipping the cheese, but the rest of the island still looks gorgeous.  The father/daughter team once again struggled when they had to drive, although they weren’t as far behind as they have been in the past.  Harder to get lost on an island, I guess, especially when everyone was pretty bunched up the entire time.  Loved the bit with the glasses.  I was surprised the ship was leaving for a trip around the bay with no one on board.  I figured it would be waiting unless teams were already on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.