Monday, February 14, 2022

Ornament Review: Merry Lil' Minnie - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Great details in this mini Minnie ornament
Cons: Seems a little too tiny even for a mini ornament
The Bottom Line:
A tiny Minnie
That’s featuring a cute pose
A little too small



Minnie Has a Little Gift for You

When I buy miniature ornaments, I know to expect them to be small.  Even so, I feel like Merry Lil’ Minnie is small.  I’m not saying this is a bad ornament, but the size does matter in this case.

This ornament was one of four that Hallmark released in 2021 featuring classic Disney characters.  Yes, DisNerd that I am, I bought all four of them despite the size issue I had with Mickey and Minnie.  They are still cute ornaments.

For this pose, Minnie is holding a wrapped present.  She’s standing with one foot on the ground and the other tipped up next to it.  She’s looking back over her shoulder.  Instead of her traditional red dress, she’s wearing a solid red dress with white fringe to look like Mrs. Claus’s dress.  Her ears are sticking out of her Santa hat, and there’s a little bit of holly on her hat.

The detail on this ornament is impressive.  It truly is.  Heck, we can see her eyelashes.  As I’ve been saying, even for a miniature ornament, this one feels mini.  I’m not quite sure why that is since the ornament is just under an inch tall, which is just under standard size for Hallmark’s miniature ornaments.  Maybe it’s because the ornament seems skinny.  I just worry about losing this one more than I do some of the other miniature ornaments I have, and she definitely felt smaller than the others when on my mini tree this last year.

Because of how Minnie is standing in her shoes, this ornament won’t stand on its own.  When you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find that the ornament hangs straight.

A little more size would have made Merry Lil’ Minnie a great ornament.  As it is, I’m glad I added her to my miniature ornament collection, but she won’t be a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.