Saturday, February 19, 2022

February 19th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Another week without too many TV programs.  Which is fine since I was busy watching as much of the Olympics as I could.  But here's what I did watch.

Around the World in 80 Days – I wish I weren’t so cynical.  I just feel like what we aren’t seeing isn’t that close to the original book.  This last episode felt very much like a lecture, and I have a hard time believing that the book would have had an African American sheriff.  I’m not saying I disagree with anything our heroes did or said (well, a few moments, but overall).  But it came across as more of a lecture than the next chapter in their adventure.

Wipeout – And they were back to the original obstacles.  I’m bummed.  I can certainly feel with the woman who got so scared of heights she couldn’t continue on the Wipeout Zone.  That would be me, although I’m not sure I’d even make it that far.  I do have to wonder why she did that half and not her partner since it seems like the second half wouldn’t be quite as scary.

The Amazing Race – The father/daughter team managed to stay in the race!  I’m surprised.  I feel for the twins, finding the pitstop too early.  That must be super frustrating.  I thought the guys were doing well, but they stayed in third overall.  I’m impressed with the teams that got the spelling part of the sandwich order right away.  I’m such a bad speller I would really struggle with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.