Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 12th's Sunday/Monday Post

Time to start another week, which means it is time for another Sunday/Monday post.  I'll be linking up to:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It was a busy week at work with the ending of quarter 1 reporting.  Lots of work and fast deadlines.

Outside of work, the big news was my birthday on Wednesday.  Not that I did much.  I worked (see last paragraph), and I talked to my family that night.  Grabbed a slice of cake from the farmer's market they hold down the street for me on Wednesday's.  Low key day, but it was nice.

Honestly, it's been a fairly quiet week.  It rained again Friday, and I didn't try to go paddleboarding Saturday morning.  But it's game day, so I'll be having fun hanging out with friends later today (Saturday), assuming I get this post finished up.

This Past Week on the Blog:



This Coming Week on the Blog:


Last week, I talked about having a theme of record shop mysteries for my books.  This week, I have another theme, albeit a coincidental one.  Both of the mysteries I am reviewing this week have a main character named Molly.

Sunday - Book Review: The Shimmer by Ridley Pearson
Monday - Movie Review: Nikki and Nora - Sister Sleuths
Tuesday - Book Review: All That Is Hidden by Rhys Bowen and Clare Broyles
Wednesday - Ornament Review: Carl and Ellie
Thursday - Book Review: Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

It was another three book week.  No, I didn't get any books for my birthday, which considering how few of my Christmas books I've read yet really isn't that bad.  Instead, I got some movies and music I wanted, which is great.  But I still got new books.

Diane Vallere put Stark Raving Mod on sale.  This is book thirteen in her Samantha Kidd mysteries.  Somehow, I still need to get twelve, but I snagged this one while it was on sale.  Still a couple behind, but I'm working as hard as I can to catch up.  It's still on sale if you are looking for a fun mystery series.

My other two books are ARCs.  For April, I snagged Digging Up Daisy, the first in a new series from Sherry Lynn.  It sounds like a fun book, so hopefully, it will be good.

And I have another June ARC.  Hidden Beneath by Barbara Ross arrived this week.  Since I love this series, I can't wait.  This is book eleven in the series.

What I'm Currently Reading:

Friday, I finished another Diane Vallere book, Apprehend Me No Flowers, which is in her Madison Night series.  I'm trying to catch up on both series at the same time instead of my usual one series at a time approach.  Anyway, I enjoyed it.  Now I need to write the review, but I'm not planning to review it until the 21st, so I've got a little time.

Which means I've barely started on Four Parties and a Funeral by Maria DiRico, the fourth Catering Hall Mystery.  I love this series, so I can't wait to get fully lost in the pages.  I'll be working on this one this weekend and finish it up early next week.

Hope your week is a good one.

29 comments:

  1. Have another good reading week! And Happy Birthday.

    best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Mark! I hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy quiet weeks from time to time. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! A slice of delicious cake from the farmer's market sounds pretty good to me. I hope it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Mark! There's nothing like some farmer's market cake to celebrate, I think. And you can buy all the books you want ("for my birthday") with no guilt.

    Glad you have some good reading ahead of you. Anticipation is a big part of the joy of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm cake! Happy belated birthday! Hope you made it to game day yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Mark 🎈

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh … I’m anonymous above, blogger won’t let me log in to make comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!

    I've loved all the Scream movies I've watched. I hope you like all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! Low key birthdays are not a bad thing! I hope you enjoyed hanging out with your friends. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes quiet birthdays are the best! Looks like you have some fun books lined up - hope you enjoy.
    Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Digging up Daisy does look good, and I like the Maine setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a good game day! Diane vallere is an author I've been wanting to try- I saw some whimiscal looking space SF books by her that looked really fun...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday! Enjoy your book haul this week (even if they weren't bday gifts). Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday! I didn't watch Sister Sleuths when it was first released, but I finally watched it earlier this year. I am looking forward to reading your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated birthsay!
    Wow, two books with a Molly, well done! I don't even remember any book I read with that name.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/03/12/sunday-post-82-03-12-2023/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to see a photo of you on your paddleboard. I had it recommended to me as a way to get into shape. The person who said that didn't know that if I fell I'd have to swim the board back to shore I'd never be able to get back up. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated happy birthday to you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday! That cover on Hidden Beneath is so cute! Happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice looking books.
    Happy belated birthday.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday! Too bad your work got in the way of a laid-back celebration. Nice looking assortment of books too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday! I'm glad you did get some cake even if your work was not cooperating this week. I got Digging Up Daisy and am so looking forward to it! It looks like a good read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Four Parties looks fun!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday! Low-key days can be good sometimes. Your new books sound great. Hope you enjoy them.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and_0555107074.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday!

    I love when either my reading or my book hauls surprisingly get coordinated either in theme, colors, or a detail like a main character's name. I had an orange mailbox this week and it made me smile!

    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Belated Birthday! It is fun to have some coordination. Digging Up Daisy looks good to me. I hope you have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.